TACADA is a multi-disciplinary real estate development and investment company. TACADA’s roots started in the housing industry over 25 years ago with our first brand Daytona Homes. Fast forward and the TACADA group of companies builds over 800 homes annually through 4 different housing brands, has developed over 4,200 lots, obtained a large multi-family development channel of over 1,000 units annually and holds multiple commercial and industrial properties.
Our housing brands include Daytona Homes, City Homes Master Builder, Carriage Signature Homes, and Accent Infills. With locations in Edmonton, Calgary, Winnipeg, Regina and Saskatoon, our builders are always looking for great people to join their teams.
Working with us means being a part of the TACADA Family. We offer opportunities for both personal and professional growth, competitive salary, immediate benefit coverage, inclusive environment, and, most importantly – having fun. We are committed to providing excellent customer experiences, which can only be done by providing our employees with an excellent place to work!
Tacada is looking for an enthusiastic, driven individual to join our team. Under the direction of the Corporate Controller, the Accountant will be responsible for monthly accounting entries, reconciliations, GST/PST remittances, invoicing, ad-hoc reporting and other accounting duties as assigned.
- Prepare cost to complete reconciliation and entries into builder ERP software system (Newstar)
- Prepare Cash receipts entries, and record in tracking spreadsheet
- Prepare and enter bank deposits
- Prepare and distribute invoices for residential and commercial property leases
- Prepare GST/PST remittances and rebate forms and submit to CRA in a timely and accurate manner
- Support accounting managers with the preparation of month end workbooks
- Support accounting managers with the preparation of detailed cost accounting information, and analysis as requested
- Other duties and responsibilities assigned.
- Minimum 3 years of experience as an Accountant in a similar role
- Diploma and/or BA in Accounting or related business education
- Experience with accounting software and ERP systems
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- A sense of accountability, ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on the company’s success
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Good time-management skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- Health and dental benefits immediately upon hire
- Employee Assistance Program
- Inclusive work environment
- Volunteer opportunities
- Tuition support